We are an international, multi-cultural community. Please remember and respect that.
- Please be polite. This should be a place we gather to share information, friendship, encouragement and all things positive. Show others the respect and good behavior you would expect to receive from them.
Snail Mail Friend is a Dutch company, but the official language of Snail Mail Friends is English. Other languages are currently not allowed and will be deleted if used without notice. -> One exception: there is one spot on the Forum where you are able to start posts in Dutch, English or German: the Snail Mail Friends Café.
- Poisonous arguments; venting; steaming; "screaming"; and spiraling anger are not permitted.
- Trashing, bashing, ranting, raving, venting, steaming, and other types of posts that focus on anger or other types of negativity are prohibited.
- Religious content is not permitted. We are not anti-religion. We simply respect each members need and right to worship (or not) within the system and context that most supports their need for personal strength and fulfillment, and that inspires them to be a better person. Members and visitors to our site should be able to come here knowing that they will not be criticized, contradicted, or harassed by others who might have a different philosophy to their own. Religious content will be deleted. There are no exceptions.
- Political content is also prohibited in the same way and for the same reasons. Political content will be deleted. There are no exceptions.
- Do not post mature content. Avoid pornographic materials of any kind, imagery that show real life horrifically violent acts, etc.
- Do not post images with copyrighted designs of other snailmailers without their permission. Its OK to post a link to the authors site that shows the design, but dont copy and post it here.
- Do not post links promoting any "signup" pages, newsletters, illegal software, phising sites, affiliates, lists, message boards, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, voting pages, etc. That includes any sites that are meant to collect "signups" or personal data for any purpose.
- Do not "bump" topics/threads. Bumps are posts that contribute nothing to the conversation and that are added for the sole and obvious purpose of moving a topic/thread to a higher position in the order of display in content lists. The practice is prohibited whether the intent is to move your own post or another members post to or near the top of the order.
- Avoid repeatedly posting the same content or posting the same content in multiple threads.
- Avoid posting irrelevant content. When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you dont have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
- Avoid the use of excessive capitalization, colors or images.
- Do not create posts to share private information. Exchanges through private messages should remain private.
- Do not abuse the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms. For any important or urgent matter, you should contact our Customer Support directly.
- Advertising, solicitation, self-promotion is not permitted.
If You See a Problem, Flag It
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. Replying encourages bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
The administration reserves the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the operation of this community.