Mail makes happy - join our creative community!

Link copied! Just now
Link to this topic has been copied.
Feel free to share it!
Current version saved! Just now
Your version number has been successfully updated.
Bookmark saved! Just now
Your bookmark has been successfully added.
Bookmark removed! Just now
Your bookmark has been successfully removed.

General questions
by <Hidden> on September 25, 2022 - 12:56 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 308
Location: Netherlands

For all (new) members with questions about swapping, big or small, ask them here.
You can ask questions like: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions. 
It helps to provide enough details to understand what you are asking for.


Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on February 08, 2023 - 9:05 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 23
Location: Netherlands

Hi there! I have a question,

On my dashboard, tab "view my events"  I don't see which events.  There are six though, listed, but I can't see which ones.  I thought I created 2 postcard swaps. I can't find them now. I joined 3 from 2imagine4, (those I see under "events" ) YooperHill also created a swap I thought I joined. I can't see it, so that's the 6 but I can't see that I signed up.

Do we receive notifications when it's time to start swapping?  Because otherwise I know I will forget.  I like to see everything I signed up for and host in one spot. I can see the number six.  Good grief am I making sense. It's not you it's me. 

Also, I received a notification that someone is sending me a swap.  So I'm not supposed to know who sent this right?  

Sorry I am just used to the old and simple format from swapbot and I am a boomer.  LOL. 

thanks, Robyn

 

Re: Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on February 08, 2023 - 11:47 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 308
Location: Netherlands
Petaltea wrote:

Hi there! I have a question,

On my dashboard, tab "view my events"  I don't see which events.  There are six though, listed, but I can't see which ones.  I thought I created 2 postcard swaps. I can't find them now. I joined 3 from 2imagine4, (those I see under "events" ) YooperHill also created a swap I thought I joined. I can't see it, so that's the 6 but I can't see that I signed up.

Do we receive notifications when it's time to start swapping?  Because otherwise I know I will forget.  I like to see everything I signed up for and host in one spot. I can see the number six.  Good grief am I making sense. It's not you it's me. 

Also, I received a notification that someone is sending me a swap.  So I'm not supposed to know who sent this right?  

Sorry I am just used to the old and simple format from swapbot and I am a boomer.  LOL. 

thanks, Robyn

 

Hi Petaltea!

You can access all of your swaps through the link "All Outgoing Swaps" or go to [Swap Tracker], [Swap Tracker Outgoing], [All Outgoing Swaps] from the menu.

Rest assured; you will receive timely notifications when it's time to start swapping, so you can focus on creating and enjoying your swaps.

Regarding the confusion with the events, we apologize for the incorrect number displayed in "own events." We understand that this may have caused confusion, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We fixed the issue, and everything is displayed correctly now.

The notification you received about an incoming swap, it's likely a random swap and will come as a surprise. The sender's identity will only be revealed once you receive the swap. We understand that this new format may differ from what you're used to with swap-bot, but we hope you'll quickly become comfortable with it.

If there is anything we can improve, please let us know. We welcome all suggestions 😃


Founder of Snail Mail Friends, spreading happiness through Snail Mail. Making the world a happier place, one snail mail at a time ^_^

Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on February 08, 2023 - 11:51 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 116
Location: Netherlands

I will tag you @Petaltea, just to be sure you get a notification. 😋

Hope everything is clear for you now, if not let us know. Sorrry about the 6 events confusion, that's a on me. Shouldn't be coding at 02:40 at night. My Bad!🤓


Digital Content Developer and Platform Engineer at Snail Mail Friends

Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on February 09, 2023 - 5:30 AM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 23
Location: Netherlands

😂 yes I received the notification, thanks for your help and speedy reply!  I'm sure it will all run smoothly soon, I just need to get used to it. It's all very user friendly. Thank you!

Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on June 04, 2023 - 10:26 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 22
Location: United States

I've done it in the past,but now I can't figure it out!  I've browsed around & I'm still stuck!

 

how do I post a swap I want to host?


YOOPER

Re: Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on June 05, 2023 - 4:47 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 23
Location: Netherlands
YooperHill wrote:

I've done it in the past,but now I can't figure it out!  I've browsed around & I'm still stuck!

 

how do I post a swap I want to host?

Do you mean start an event? It's under the menu button events and then select create event. Otherwise tag @2imagine4 for some help.


I am Working On My PhD (Projects Half Done).

Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on June 05, 2023 - 4:58 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 116
Location: Netherlands

Here is a direct link: 

https://www.snailmailfriends.com/create-event-selector


Digital Content Developer and Platform Engineer at Snail Mail Friends

Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on November 16, 2023 - 5:16 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 15
Location: France

Hi,

I sent a mail to my assigned partner for the Sticker Fun event two months ago but I have had no news and I don't know if she received my mail all right. I messaged her : no reply. I also was assigned to her for the Decorated Envelope event. No news yet but I sent my mail 10 days ago so it could still be in transit. She is also my partner for the Destash Time event and I am supposed to send my mail before the 18th. I tried again to contact her a few days ago to make sure she was still willing to swap but she didn't reply. Her swap progress is 15%. So is mine, because, honestly, I don't want to send a third mail oversea if she doesn't reply. I think either she doesn't want to swap anymore, either there is something more serious and I hope she is fine.

My question is : can we postpone the swap until she replies or cancel it ?

Thanks

Emmanuelle


Emmanuelle

Re: Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on November 16, 2023 - 5:33 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 308
Location: Netherlands
Emmanuelle wrote:

Hi,

I sent a mail to my assigned partner for the Sticker Fun event two months ago but I have had no news and I don't know if she received my mail all right. I messaged her : no reply. I also was assigned to her for the Decorated Envelope event. No news yet but I sent my mail 10 days ago so it could still be in transit. She is also my partner for the Destash Time event and I am supposed to send my mail before the 18th. I tried again to contact her a few days ago to make sure she was still willing to swap but she didn't reply. Her swap progress is 15%. So is mine, because, honestly, I don't want to send a third mail oversea if she doesn't reply. I think either she doesn't want to swap anymore, either there is something more serious and I hope she is fine.

My question is : can we postpone the swap until she replies or cancel it ?

Thanks

Emmanuelle

Hi! I sent you a personal message to help you.


Founder of Snail Mail Friends, spreading happiness through Snail Mail. Making the world a happier place, one snail mail at a time ^_^

Re: Re: General questions
by <Hidden> on November 16, 2023 - 6:16 PM
<Hidden>
Total posts: 15
Location: France
2imagine4 wrote:
Emmanuelle wrote:

Hi,

I sent a mail to my assigned partner for the Sticker Fun event two months ago but I have had no news and I don't know if she received my mail all right. I messaged her : no reply. I also was assigned to her for the Decorated Envelope event. No news yet but I sent my mail 10 days ago so it could still be in transit. She is also my partner for the Destash Time event and I am supposed to send my mail before the 18th. I tried again to contact her a few days ago to make sure she was still willing to swap but she didn't reply. Her swap progress is 15%. So is mine, because, honestly, I don't want to send a third mail oversea if she doesn't reply. I think either she doesn't want to swap anymore, either there is something more serious and I hope she is fine.

My question is : can we postpone the swap until she replies or cancel it ?

Thanks

Emmanuelle

Hi! I sent you a personal message to help you.

Thank you Anita. My partner has just replied. I'm relieved she is ok.



Emmanuelle